The kitchen is one of the most special place in Mediterranean houses, a space in which everyday, important things happen, without us hardly noticing. It is in the kitchen where family recipes pass from hand to hand and where the scents and flavors of childhood take shape.
This is how it all started for Marga Coll. The great chef discovered her passion for cooking between the skirts of her grandmother and her assistant Rosario in the family home, located in the beautiful village of Selva (Mallorca). In the same kitchen, today she prepares and serves the dishes that have turned her restaurant, Miceli, into one of the culinary references of the Balearic Islands.
Marga Coll has been at the helm of this emblematic restaurant for 5 years and also runs the restaurant Arrels by Marga Coll, at the Gran Melià de mar hotel, on the shores of the Mediterranean.
But before this, she dedicated many years of her career to consolidate the restoration project of the Amadip Esment Foundation. A successful project, that already has three restaurants and a catering service where, as well as serving an exquisite meal, they employ hundreds of people with intellectual disabilities. Marga Coll is also part of the chef platform Chefs(in), which she says has been fundamental in her career.
Miceli’s menu is written every morning at the Inca market, based on the fresh products that the great chef finds and combines with her secret ingredient: preserves prepared by her mother. Creativity, passion, and many hours of work are the formula of success of the Miceli chef, who today offers us one of her recipes of gratin fish. Bon appetit!
COMMON DENTEX GRATIN WITH VEGETABLES AND MUSHROOMS
Ingredients for 4 people
· 4 fillets of Common Dentex
· 2 bunches of chopped onions
· 4 rolled garlic cloves
· 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
· 4 grated ramallet tomatoes
· 20 grams of raisins
· 5 grams of pine nuts
· ¼ of a diced red pepper
· 1 bunch of spinach cut into large pieces
· 4 French potatoes peeled and cut to sheets
· 200 grams of mushrooms, if possible Picornells
· 3 pieces of crushed garlic
· 8 tablespoons of aioli
· Olive oil
1. Confit the potatoes in plenty of olive oil and garlic cloves. Cook over low heat until soft. Drain, season and put aside.
2. Sauté the garlic and the red pepper in a pot with olive oil. Add the parsley when the garlic is golden brown.
3. Add the onion and then the tomato. Add clean mushrooms. Spice with salt and pepper.
4. Add a little paprika, spinach, raisins and pine nuts to adjust the salt.
5. Cook for a few minutes and put aside. Mix the sauteéd sauce base with the aioli.
6. Prepare a potato base on a baking tray, and place the common dentex fillets on top. Cook in a preheated oven at 220ºC for 2 minutes.
Cover the fish with the vegetables and the aioli and cook for another 5 minutes with the oven at 220ºC.
7. Present and serve decorated with a little fennel and toasted pine nuts.